» Recruiter : University of Johannesburg
» BEE : Applicable
» Contract : Permanent
» Location : Gauteng
» Available : As soon as possible
» Category : Professional
» Offer : Market Related
The University of Johannesburg (UJ) is a vibrant and cosmopolitan university anchored in Africa and intent on global excellence and stature. With an emphasis on independent thinking, sustainable development and multiple partnerships, UJ is an international university of choice. The University seeks an experienced person for the position of Director of its Institutional Planning and Research Unit within the Division for Institutional Planning, Evaluation and Monitoring. The primary functions of the Unit are:
- Institutional research to generate high-level data analyses and reports to support university decision-making, and
- Enrolment planning that is in line with the strategic objectives of the institution and ensures its continuing financial sustainability.
• A Master’s degree;
• Knowledge of trends in national and international higher education;
• Experience of working in the higher education sector in a planning and institutional research environment
• Excellent report-writing, communication and presentation skills
• Highly-developed analytical and interpretative skills
• Familiarity with the Higher Education Management Information System (HEMIS)
• A doctoral qualification
• Published reports/research in the field of institutional research or higher education studies
• Familiarity with the principles of enrolment planning
ENQUIRIES REGARDING THE JOB CONTENT: Trish Gibbon on 011 559 2128
LOGIN AND APPLY ONLINE AT http://jobs.uj.ac.za
To submit your application for the above-mentioned post, please register (first-time users of the UJ e-recruitment portal) or login (existing users of the UJ e-recruitment portal) by going to the website of the UJ e-recruitment portal (http://jobs.uj.ac.za) and uploading a detailed Curriculum Vitae as well as the names and full contact details (including telephone numbers and e-mail addresses) of at least three traceable and credible referees. Please also attach the following: a copy of your highest academic qualification, proof of registration with professional bodies you might belong to and a list of accredited research output and/ or a portfolio of your creative output.
Enquiries (UJ e-recruitment Portal)
If you have general enquiries regarding the advertised post, please send an e-mail with the subject line being the reference number of the post to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you require technical support / assistance on the UJ e-recruitment website, please contact our service provider UJ on the following contact details:
0861 227337/010 140 3099 or email email@example.com
In conjunction to merit on the basis of qualifications, experience and proven achievements the University of Johannesburg is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities and those individuals from the historically disadvantaged groups. For this post candidates from the designated groups in terms of the 1998 Employment Equity Act, including designated women, will be preferred. As necessitated by operational requirements the University reserves the right not to make an appointment to positions advertised. If you have not received a response from the University within 21 weeks of the closing date, you should assume that your application has been unsuccessful.
The incumbent will be responsible for managing a small number of staff members comprising the Unit. The portfolio for the Unit includes the following responsibilities:
• Identifying information needs and conducting research to provide the data and information to support strategic planning and decision-making;
• Monitoring trends in student performance;
• Conducting student experience and graduate surveys;
• Annual and medium-term enrolment planning for the whole University to ensure that the institution’s size, shape and mix are in line with its strategic intentions and to secure its long-term financial sustainability;
• Collecting, refining and submitting data to ranking agencies and the tracking and analysis of ranking outcomes;
• Disseminating the outcomes of research through written reports and presentations.
The incumbent would also be required to:
• Maintain knowledge of current trends and developments in the domains of national and international higher education;
• Display a high level of effort, creativity, knowledge and professional commitment to performing work; operate efficiently within the organizational structure; and, demonstrate trustworthiness, independence and responsible behaviour;
• Perform all other duties as assigned in the fulfilment of the needs, philosophy, purpose and goals of the University of Johannesburg.
jobs.uj.ac.za | View & Apply